Orthotics or Orthoses are used to correct, support or replace musculoskeletal functions lost as a result of injury, disease process or congenital irregularity. We use various advanced materials in precision fitting orthoses to achieve maximum comfort and effectiveness. Our certified orthotic practitioners are dedicated to developing the best possible solution for each individual patient to assist them in reaching their full potential.
Southeastern Orthotics and Prosthetics provides orthotic care for pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. Some of our orthotics are premade and are frequently referred to as "off-the-shelf." Oftentimes these orthotics may be manipulated to provide a more custom fit for the patient’s body type, which is what we do at Southeastern O and P for these types of braces. In some cases patients need custom made orthotics. Southeastern Orthotics and Prosthetics is known for the expertise they provide in fabricating these types of braces. To ensure a custom fit our practitioners match the patient’s body part through scanning, casting or impressions.
Southeastern orthotics and prosthetics specializes in orthotics for:
- Lower Limbs, Hips, Knees and Feet
- Upper Limbs, Hands, Elbows and Shoulders
- Complete Spine
Types of Orthotics We Provide
Lower Extremity Orthotics
- Orthotics/shoe inserts (diabetic and orthopedic)
- Ankle-Foot Orthotics (AFOs) treat a variety of complications, including but not limited to Post-stroke, MS, Spina Bifida and Cerebral Palsy
- Knee, Ankle, Foot Orthotics (KAFOs) treat a variety of complications, including but not limited to Post-stroke, MS, Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy and Residual Effects after Spinal Surgery.
- Knee Orthotics (KO) treat ACL, PCL, LCL and MCL injuries and surgeries. These also treat recurvatum or hyperextension and osteoarthritis
- TLSOs (i.e., custom fabricated or custom fit, Aspen, Boston brace, cash, spinal technology, etc.)
- LSOs (i.e., custom fabricated or custom fit, Cybertek, Aspen, Bauer find, Boston brace, spinal technology, corsets with stays, etc.)
- Scoliosis Orthotics, These Are Custom Fabricated (i.e., Charlston bending brace, Milwaukee, Boston brace, low-profile orthoses, etc.)
- Cervical Orthotics (i.e., Aspen, Miami J, four post, executive collars, Newport collars, Philadelphia collars, soft foam collars, nonintrusive halos, etc.)
Upper Extremity Orthotics
- Finger orthotics (i.e., reverse knuckle, silver ring splints, etc.)
- Wrist Hand Orthotics (i.e., wrist, cup, thumb spica, resting hand, gutter splints, tendodesis orthoses, etc.)
- Elbow Orthotics (i.e., Cubital tunnel syndrome, lateral epicondylitis, dislocation, LCL and MCL trauma, postoperative braces, etc.)
- Shoulder Orthotics (i.e., shoulder abduction orthoses, abduction pillows, hemi slings, etc.)